Separating HTML code from PHP code

Hi all, i am building a system using php and am trying to separate the html codes from the php codes (i.e. placing them in separate files), I am from the java struts/spring background and seem to be finding it difficult doing that at the moment with php.

  I've got a registration form in html with the action pointing to a separate php file that will process the form when submitted.  when i want to output errors or messages, its currently being outputed in the resulting code generated by the php file.  What i would like is to return to the html page and display the messages there.

  Can someone help me with ways of doing this pls ?

  Cheers

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.