echo "<br>";
if ($i%3 == 0) echo "Foo ";
elseif ($i%5 == 0) echo "Bar";
}

?>
[/php]

and the results can be seen here
http://www.inspired-evolution.com/image_test/numbers_output.php

I actually want the Foo and Bar to replace the numbers they are
dereivatives of and not appear below as they are now, and I also need
to add a third condition for "FooBar" which would be for numbers that
are both divisible by 3 and 5.

thanks

On 3/7/07, Martin Marques <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tijnema ! escribió:
> On 3/7/07, Bruce Gilbert <webguync@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just need to add code to print something different, say "foo" if the
>> output is a multiple of 5 or 10 for example. How do I go about doing
>> this?
>>

> I've seen that question a lot, what i use is fairly simple
> if( intval($number / $multiple) == ($number / $multiple ) )
>
> try that

Very bad solution. Try the % operator:

if($number % $multiple == 0)

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.arithmetic.php

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA