Re: Re: Opinion on on-line payment and banking gateway

Mark wrote:
> Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:
>
>>     I'm not a PHP programmer.  I ask this question for a friend of
>> mine.  So I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms.  He's making an
>> e-commerce website and he doesn't know much about how to validate credit
>> card, or how to make transactions.  What he needs is called "banking
>> gateway", right?
>>
> a couple years ago I did some research and while I'm not Sure who the
> players are right now, I concluded it was not worth the effort. We
> concluded it was better to subscribe to a credit card clearing service.
>
> They provide a basic API that allows you to pass a billing amount to the
> clearing service who, for a fee or percentage, process the credit card. You
> never Have to deal with it, they just credit your account and you ship
> goods.

    That sounds good.  Could I know more about this clearing service?  I
mean, to whom should my friend contact?  Some bank?  His company is in
Chicago.  So, is there any central banking organization in United-States
that he should contact?  Or some bank in Chicago?

    Thanks in advance