Re: Re: pictures stored in PostgreSQL DB

Robert Cummings escribió:
On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 14:48 -0500, markw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yea, and 1+1 = what ever the engineer or the business requirements want it
to be, right?

Once again it depends. What base are we working in? Are we working in
some kind of odd algebraic space? 1+1 only equals 2 in specific
situations.

Well, it's really the metric of the space you're in. That is, how you are going to measure things. :-)

This is engineering, not art class. There are ways to evaluate solutions
as being better than others.

This is computer science, not engineering. There are considerations for
one approach over another not necessarily confined to your idea of
"efficiency". The problem encompasses time, space, economics, and any
number of other dimensions.

Most people put programming nearer to literature, art and mathematics then to physics and mechanic. So I would say that we are closer to an art class then to a class of engineering. :-D

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;