Re: curlopt_timeout default

On Thu, March 1, 2007 5:16 pm, Bruce Cowin wrote:
> I'm using PHP 5.1.2 on IIS.  From time to time, my cURL response is
> empty (i.e., strlen($response) == 0).  I'm wondering if it is a
> timeout issue.  If cURL timed out, would you expect an empty response?
>
> Also, I want to change curlopt_timeout to see if this helps.  But what
> I can't find is what the default for this setting is.  Does anyone
> know?

If nothing else is stated anywhere, it's probable that the default
timeout is the same as the one for any socket connection in php.ini...

But also check the docs over at the curl site. hexx.se or somesuch.

There's a curl_error() function of some sort that you should be using,
if you are not already, and I would expect it to have something useful
in it in the scenario you are describing.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?