Re: ID problem

2007. 02. 28, szerda keltezéssel 10.24-kor Delta Storm ezt írta:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building an CMS system (for practice and experience :)).
>
> And of course like many times before I have encountered a problem.
>
> The problem is:
>
> I have a index.php that takes the news from the database and publishes
> them. And by the end of every news on index.php I have a link ('<a
> href="showfullnews.php?id=$id">Show full news</a>')
>
> That leads to a page that has the full news.
>
> At the beginning of showfullnews i have a variable ( $id = $_GET['id']; )
>
> And in index.php I have the following code:
>
> while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
> {
> 	$id= $row['id'];
> etc...
> }
>
> In the database I have two tables one for a short version of news for
> index.php and another for fullNews.
>
> In full news the query is: "select title,newsFull from fullnews where
> id='$id'";
>
> In the database i'm 100% sure there is a id = 1 in both rows.
>
> I really dont know what is the problem.

ehh, what is the problem? you didn't tell.
I guess that the fullnews page don't display the news correctly, right?
if so, please show us the code of that page

btw, why are you using two tables?
everything could be put in one with fields like title,shorttext,fulltext
and so on...
and then there would be only one id for one article, which could reduce
confusion and eliminate some possible problems

hope that helps
Zoltán Németh