RE: shell_exec, batch files, and IIS on Windows

hi,

maybe you can try this:
in the IIS properties, you can define the user running your IIS service.
Ususally this is IUSR_xxx, but you can set a administrator user (see directory Security/ anonymous user)
try to put your win login (prefixed with your domain\ and give your password.

If you can execute your cmd and batch file, then you can be sure that the problem if an authorisation problem.
Afterward, re-enter the IUSR_xx user as the anonymous user, because running as administrator is rather dangerous!!

Also, try the 'Integrated windows Authentication', if this is checked, the anaonymous will NOY be used, but your own login will be used instead.
As an example, if the Use integrated authentication is active, try a phpinfo() and you should find your own windows login as AUTH_USER (or others, don't remember).
(if you have a login prompt, you can avoid it from the IE setting)

Also, have a look at the event viewer and at the IIS log file. Maybe you will see the error reported by IIS...

Vincent Dupont
Principal Consultant OpenSource Competence Center
Ausy Belgium
http://www.ausy.be