Re: Re: input on sessions vs cookies

It's a website where you can reply to news, blogs and other messages and
with a forum.

On 2/26/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, February 25, 2007 6:45 pm, Tosca wrote:
> Quote from Fahad Pervaiz <fahad.pervaiz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> "To ensure best security use database as well. Store IP, Session ID,
>   username, login time. After every few minutes you can re
> authenticate the
>   user against these parameters."
>
> I have a login system with sessions and a database where I store
> session ID,
> username and what kind of user they are (like admin, moderator of
> regular
> member). This I check every time a page is refreshed. Is this secure
> enough?

Are you running a bank?
Or is it just a community forum?

Without context, nobody on earth can answer this.

Start reading here:
http://phpsec.org
to have a better handle on PHP security.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?