Re: PHP + SQL..

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 17:53 -0800, Liz Kim wrote:
> I am storing a lot of text into my mssql database.
> Are there any special characters I should watch out for?
> I think so far I've got ' covered.

Skip the guesswork and use an appropriate quoting mechanism for your
database -- that said I'm not aware of an mssql specific quoting
mechanism (and I don't care to find out :) -- so maybe just use
addSlashes().

> Also, when I retrieved the string later on...
> The ' is printed out with a \ in the front. How do I get rid of the \?

Turn off magic quotes.

> When I try to get a really long string and print it out on a website, it
> tends to stop in the middle of the string.
> Is this some sort of a limitation that I can change?

Sounds like your storing the data into a table column that is too short
for the data and so it gets truncated when stored. Then when you
retrieve it you get the truncated text. Increase the column width.

Cheers,
Rob.