Re: Quick organizational question...

As a beginner this is probably a Bad Idea to try to implement...

You'll probably do it "wrong" anyway, on top of the mistakes you'll
make building the application in the first place.

Unless you have a lot of time to research MVC (Model View Controller)
setups, and figure out what makes them tick, and how they differ, and
what their strengths and weaknesses are...

I'd not recommend starting with this, personally.

Disclosure:
I'm not generally a huge fan of MVC, particularly in the web
environment where the usual MVC connections are missing in one branch,
unless you are willing to rely on AJAX or something, which opens up
whole other balls of wax.

An MVC fan would probably give you the exact opposite advice...

On Fri, February 16, 2007 9:05 pm, Mike Shanley wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Question:
> For a website that will have a database driven store, articles, an rss
> feed, and a few other things... not an enormous site, but one with
> growth potential, does it makes sense to organize the whole thing as
> includes through a single main page? It seems like a fun way to do
> things, but I was just wondering what you all thought.
>
> BTW- It's my first time here! Hello world!
>
> --
> Mike Shanley
>
> ~you are almost there~
>
> --