From: Delta Storm [mailto:delta.storm@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:04 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Latin letter problem!

Hi,

I'm building an simple CMS system. I have built almost everything but
one thing buggs me...

I have a MySQL database built for publishing news
(Id,title,newsContent,timestamp).

And I have a php web page that displays that content. The problem is
with the charset, in the database the settings are following:

character set latin2 collation latin2_croatian_ci;

and in the tables character set utf8;

I display the data in the php page using utf8 I see all the non-PHP
content pure HTML content capable of seeing croatian letter čćžšđ, but
in the news section I only see čćđ. But they are on the same page!

I tried putting other HTML charsets like iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2 etc...
But in all the scenarios I get the HTMl part working but PHP not working
vice-versa...

Please help me it is a very important web page if you need any other
information just ask!

Thank you very much in advance!