Re: Latin letter problem!

On 20/02/07, Delta Storm <delta.storm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Hi,>> I'm building an simple CMS system. I have built almost everything but> one thing buggs me...>> I have a MySQL database built for publishing news> (Id,title,newsContent,timestamp).>> And I have a php web page that displays that content. The problem is> with the charset, in the database the settings are following:>> character set latin2 collation latin2_croatian_ci;>> and in the tables character set utf8;>> I display the data in the php page using utf8 I see all the non-PHP> content pure HTML content capable of seeing croatian letter čćžšđ, but> in the news section I only see čćđ. But they are on the same page!>> I tried putting other HTML charsets like iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2 etc...> But in all the scenarios I get the HTMl part working but PHP not working> vice-versa...>>> Please help me it is a very important web page if you need any other> information just ask!>> Thank you very much in advance!>
Change it all to utf-8, and watch your problems disappear! I've lotsof experience with that in Hebrew website design.
Note that you will need the server to specify the utf-8 encoding inthe header. The metatag is not enough.
Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/buffer_overflow.htmlhttp://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/47/402/pink_floyd/the_division_bell.html