From: Al [mailto:news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: February 18, 2007 10:35 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: LOL, preg_match still not working.

If you want help, you must provide some example text strings that are to be matched. You keep posting your pattern and that's the problem.

Beauford wrote:
Mails been down since this morning (sorry, that's yesterday morning).
Anyway, not sure if this went through, so here it is again.
------

The bottom line is I want to allow everything in the expression and
nothing
else. The new line does not seem to be an issue - I can put as many
returns
as I want, but as soon as I add some punctuation, it falls apart.

As I said before, the ! and the period from my original example are
reported
as invalid - as they are in the expression they should be valid, I'm sure
there are other examples as well, but you can see what the problem is. If
take out the ! and period from my example and leave the new lines in, it
works fine.

Thanks