Re: PHP/PEAR

Malcolm Pickering wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> As a new user of PHP I am finding it extremely useful, very fast, and rewarding. I was also delighted to find the already proven and maintained extensions in PEAR.
>
> I have recently downloaded one of these extensions (HTML_Table) which is proving to be a great time saver, but can you tell me, please, why every time I access one of the associated pages or scripts my computer tries to dial out. Yes, I am still on Dial-Up. Is this some vital function that is required by your extension, or is there some information you need which has not already been given? If it is neither of these, how do I stop it because I find it infuriating.
>
> Hoping you can help me,

Hi Malcolm,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with HTML_Table.  As you use PEAR
packages, you should also know about the pear-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
support list, PEAR users and developers regularly answer queries on
package usage and help with troubles like yours with possibly more
detail than you will find on php-general.

In this case, I have to agree, this sounds more like a browser issue.
HTML_Table does not use any remote access functionality, the suggestion
that it would try to do so is not very accurate or helpful, as the only
PEAR libraries that access the internet say so explicitly in their
package description and/or documentation.

The manual for PEAR is at http://pear.php.net/manual/en (english).

Good luck,
Greg