Re: PHP book reviewers wanted

Hello,

on 02/06/2007 01:29 PM tedd said the following:
>> Anyway, since you brought that up, I would like to clarify that this is
>> often misunderstood issue. Nobody likes ads, including myself. Ads are
>> obviously necessary to keep the site viable. Otherwise it would have
>> been closed a long time ago.
>
> Why are ads necessary? I don't follow.

Pay the bills. It may not be evident, but this is my full time day job.
This is not an hobby site. Not only the site needs to generate revenue
to pay for its operation costs, but also to keep me working full time on it.

It is a privilege for me to be able to work in my own project at full
time. But obviously I have to keep it as a viable business too.

That is why the site would have been closed if it were not the ads.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/