Re: Opera advice needed!

Thanks,

I got the html sorter and the page now passes validation. But still with
Opera 9.02 on WinXP nothing is printed out. (can see the javascript in the
source code though)

This must be some js shit. I just can't understand how the same script(s)
work with the same client pc/browser when the files are in my test server...

-W

"Frank Arensmeier" <frank.arensmeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> kirjoitti
viestissä:EDD6F4EE-A400-4AB0-976B-2E3F50E4D25B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7 feb 2007 kl. 09.50 skrev William Stokes:

> If there's an opera expert around could you please check out the
> following
> link:
>
> http://www.fcviikingit.com/new/testimenu.php
>
> This script contacts a DB and prints out the results as javascript  to the
> client browser. As I mentioned earlier It works ok with IE, FF,  Netscape
> but
> not with Opera. However the same script works with all mentioned  browsers
> on
> my test server.
>
> I can't get this sorted!
> Thanks
> -W

Opera 9.02 on Mac OS is fine, as far I can tell. However, I would
start by validating your html source.
Right now, your html code is little bit messed up.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcviikingit.com%
2Fnew%2Ftestimenu.php
//frank

> "Roman Neuhauser" <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx> kirjoitti
> viestissä:20070207062502.GB65100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> # kalles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx / 2007-02-07 08:32:47 +0200:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just noticed when I published a new menu system that it does  NOT work
>>> in
>>> the ISP hosted server. However it works ok on my test server.  Here's
>>> the
>>> test I have done all in same client machine (=unchanged browser
>>> settings):
>>>
>>> My test server:
>>> IE6 & 7    ->OK
>>> Opera 9.02 -> OK
>>> Firefox ->OK
>>>
>>> ISP server:
>>> IE6 & 7    ->OK
>>> Opera 9.02 -> DOES NOT WORK!
>>> Firefox ->OK
>>>
>>> The system relies on JS also I can see from the browser source  code
>>> that
>>> all
>>> PHP has printed out all JS like it should but the menu is not  printed
>>> browser. Could you give me some pointers how to troubleshoot  this? It