All-in-one PHP Classes

Hello folks,

Have been reading posts daily for two months now on the list, and am very
pleased at how informative these can be.
I have noticed, many examples where one is pointed to using classes
downloadable on the internet.

Not a very big user of these classes my self (maybe a bit naïf in this
sense, but i just can't have unnecessary code loaded on an include() i like
to keep things clean and to a minimal)I decided to go through and look at
how they are built and what kind of "code load" we are talking about.
This is when i realized how often these classes that do "everything" are
very BIG. Now I realize how many functions this type of class can have and
how handy it can be for someone who does not want to code his own, and yes I
hear all the "reinventing the wheel" comments comming forth as well as
security etc, BUT (yes THE "but") are general classes like this pushing to
using bigger, more bloated web application which require more and more
bandwidth/processor/ram, server-side?

Here, it's the programmer who is confronted with loading huge files into
memory to use just one perhaps two function in a 300+ functionality class..

At what moment does one decide to use an all-in-one "bloated" with "out of
context" functionality, php class, knowing how powerfull only several
functions in this class can be to him?

Shouldn't these classes be perhaps broken down into usefull "parts".

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Tim