Re: PHP4 to PHP5 issue

Tim wrote:
Yes, our company used it for three months before dumping it regarding PHP5
incompatibility and some other "mistakes".. I ended up having to fix/hack
too many things (sessions doing weird things, broken forum, translations all
messed up, user roles not working quite right, admin system funked) it
wasn't worth my time, we developed a more specialized app for project
management internally.

Well, I hate to use this kind of language on the list, but I feel I must say that sucks. But I want to thank you Tim for saving me all kinds of time trying to get dP going on PHP5.

We still have the old server, of course, running right underneath the new rack jobbies, and I can use it for now to run dP for us. Unfortunately, we're quite wedded to it for project management, having modified and customized it extensively to suit our needs.

Hate to use the box, though, just for dP since I had it slated to be converted to a pretty sweet workstation.

Oh well, if life were perfect we'd... we'd... heck, we'd have a lot more fun.

Thanks again, Tim. Any more experiences with dP and PHP5 are appreciated, although Tim seems to have pretty well nailed it.

--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC