Re: Executing scripts from a table

On Feb 2, 2007, at 6:59 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:

Putting PHP source into MySQL is the WRONG way to go for security and
efficiency...

Thank you, Richard -- I appreciate your advice.

Here is a qualifier: I'm not putting any core code into tables, just code which generates page content. The access rights to that page content, as well as security code and application objects are not there. That code is off of the web path, called by functions. No SQL is in tables. So maybe I shouldn't have said "security."

With that in mind -- I would really appreciate it if would help me understand your comment or point me to a resource which will. I have read a bunch of stuff on security, but no resources led me to believe that I was on a wrong path, though none of them followed the path I am on. It isn't too late for me to change.

Ken