Re: SQL Readability.. (was Re: most powerful php editor)

Larry Garfield wrote:
> I have long since given up on raw insert/update/delete statements as the
> syntax is all kinds nasty.  These days I just do this, which is even easier
> and more powerful:
>
> http://www.garfieldtech.com/blog/simplifying-sql

a quick look at those funcs gives me the impression that they are woefully
inadequate for any level of complex realworld use.

query builders are alot more fiddly to get 'right' than one might imagine,
dealing with NULLs, booleans and dates for example (as Satyam pointed out)
can be a right PITA.

perfect automated CRUD (it's an acronym!) is kind a holy grail - and
that is, I think, the driving force behind most attempts to crteate query builders.

also I don't really agree with the sentiment that SQL syntax is nasty,
personally I find it, mostly, very easy to read and powerful ... but as this
thread shows there is no accounting for taste! :-)