Re: Ongoing encoding issues

Hi Dave.

I don't think you are able to detect your users character encoding with php only (at least not rock-solid). Just some days ago, there was a discussion about that issue (at least concerning Safari) on the Apple web dev mailing list.

Have a look at:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/web-dev/2007/Jan/msg00038.html

I could be possible to send some information about character encoding along with the user submitted post data to your php script as well. Depending on that encoding, do some string replace on your input data.

Have you provided a valid "charset" encoding in your html?

Maybe you could give us a link to a test page?

//frank