Re: How to make Browse Folder Dialog

Aslam Bari wrote:

>Hello,
>Just a minute. I know the php script will run on server. Suppose i m working
>on server machine and i need to make a project for myself. The machine is
>only one and same. Also there are a lot of file and directory methods
>available in PHP, Whats that? Actually i want to show the files of selected
>folder on screen.
>Thanks...

Yes, PHP has file handling functions for use on the server it is running
on.  As long as we're clear that it can't touch the filesystem of the
user of the application :D

If you just wanted to make a list of folders and let them select one you
could build the list using an HTML SELECT box.  Once they have selected
an item and click on submit, you would use similar code that you used to
populate your directory list to show a list of all files in that directory.

The code at Example 2 on the php.net readdir documentation is probably
one good place to start: http://www.php.net/readdir

A hint from another thread today to save yourself trouble: Always use
full paths when working with files.