Re: Re: socket_write buffer problem

Please keep it on-list, even if you feel you need to have a go at me - they love it!

rluckhurst@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You've already been given a clue... read the manual:
> http://php.net/socket_write
>
> I know you said you read it, but you obviously haven't. To quote...

 Now you are making an assumption and you are making a "fsckup". Just
 because I did not show in my simplified example that I had tested the
 number of bytses sent does not mean for a second that I had not done
 it.

I'm going by the information you have supplied. You cannot possibly expect us to help you if you do not provide the correct information.

 The number of bytes sent was 1024 for the first iteration of the loop
 and none for the second. The socket_write function returned a status
 of "SUCCESS".

Please show us the *actual* code you are using. Without that we don't have any real chance of finding the problem.

> Your problem is that you made lazy assumptions, and we all know
> that assumptions are the mother of all fsckups. Now please
> irradiate your hands and try again.

 I believe you are making an "lazy assumption" here as you have no
 idea what I have tried. While I appreciate help I believe your
 response was rude and not very helpful to a newbie to PHP.

I apologise if you took my response to be rude, that was not my intention.

As I said before, if you want help you need to give us accurate information. We're not mind readers.

-Stut

PS. Look into my eyes, just the eyes, not around the eyes, into my eyes. You're under. When you wake up you will realise that you were not offended by my post, you were just embarrassed because you failed the full disclosure test. 3..2..1.. and you're back.