Re: email validation string.

Where can I check out the plugin?

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned plugin and firefox...

It's not a plugin for firefox like other firefox's plugins...
In fact, when I downloaded somewhere arround the web
the name of the thing (won't call it plugin again) was
"Site Programmer Plugin Assistant" (or something alike)
and it's just a bunch of php scripts that run as a local
site...

That's why I said that the "plugin" was using PHP/5.2.0
because that's the php version I have installed.

It needs Apache with PHP support to work and the php
code it uses is a form that processes a text field and do
a ereg($Pattern, $Text) on an if statment that outputs
"Match" or "No Match". Meaning pure PHP (in my case
v5.2.0)

For a real Firefox plugin that shows the matched part
of the text in real time as you change the pattern, you
can search for a plugin (a real one) named "Regular
Expressions Tester". I don't have it but you can search
http://www.mozilla.com for it.
Wait... https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2077/ this is
the homepage for the plugin.
However, I don't know if this uses Java(script) or what...

About what I asked in my last post... In php, if you have
a string like $Text="[a-zA-Z]+\\." php will save it like
"[a-zA-Z]+\." because the first backslash is escaping a
special character which is the second backslash but if
you have the string $Text="[a-zA-Z]+\." php will save it
the exactly the same way because even that the backslash
is used to escape special characters, there is no special
char after it. It's just a dot. So the string gets stored the
same way. Also it doesn't get different with quotes or
double quotes.