RE: I lied, another question / problem

Obviously I'm not quite understanding, maybe a further explanation is needed
to help me understand.

This is how I see it from what you said - am in in the right ballpark.

The function is returning a null value if there is no error, and I guess PHP
sees 'null' or "" as a value. So how do I get around this?

This is how I call the function.

if($result = ValidateString($orgname, 1)) { $formerror['orgname'] = $result;
}

If there is an error an error string will be returned (i.e. Error in field),
if not I want nothing returned.

Later on in the page I use - if(!$formerror) blah blah.

This is where the problem is because if null or "" is being returned then
$formerror has a value which breaks the above if.

I hope this helps.

Thanks