Re: Unable to compile php with MSSQL support / configure: error: Directory /usr is not a FreeTDS installation directory

I have not looked at the exact code but the 5.0 branch has been dead for
quite a while so there could easily be fixes that are comitted to the 5.1
branch and not to the 5.0 branch.

If you need to run the 5.0.4 version you can try copying
ext/mssql/config.m4 from the 5.1.6 version. Run ./buildconf and
./configure.

- Frank