Re: Security with dbHost, dbUser, dbPassword

Jochem Maas wrote:
> > this file outside of the webroot ...

I thought so too but wasn't sure if possible.

It helps me a little if I make mistakes.

> > granted define() is slower than creating a var - which is why some
> > people would recommend against using it.

Defines are certainly better in this case even if I don't like them very
much.

> > I never include the closing php tag in include files to avoid
> > stray empty lines being output - which can cause any headers
> > that you try to send after the offending include file is included
> > to fail.

I'm used to code everything as correct as possible.  ;-)

> > outside the webroot. what people often do is create an include dir
> > at the same level as the webroot dir and add this directory to the include_path
> > ini setting.
> >
> > e.g.

Thanks for the sample. IMO it would be a good idea if the PHP
documentation had a "common or best practice" section, which contains
such samples. I know there are samples in other places yet these samples
tend to be outdated. I looked through some simple authentication samples
at Zend but all were from year 2001, 2002. I'd prefer just one sample
but up to date.

O. Wyss