Re: Stored Procedure returns nothing on ROLLBACK

Philip Thompson wrote:
Hi.

I have been experiencing MSSQL woes lately. I have a stored procedure that I call in PHP using mssql_* functions. In my procedure, I have a transaction that rolls back on failure and commits on success (of course). If it commits, I get the proper return value (int) and the appropriate output parameters. However, if it rolls back, I get NOTHING... even if I try to return an error code (int) after the ROLLBACK TRANSACTION statement. The output parameter also does not get set upon rollback.

Is there a way to grab the error even in a rollback? or at least return something besides an empty string/int? I would like to know what error message to provide the user/admin.

SQL Server 2000, PHP 5.1.6, ntwdblib.dll version 8.00.194

Does it work outside of php? That is - you run it manually in mssql (whatever tools that has) you get the proper codes?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/