Re: given up of iis now trying apache

Ross wrote:
Everything seems to be working but when I try and run a php file. It offer the download dialogue box.

I remeber doing something where you tick a box to enable scripts and execute them or something in the manager. Can anyone help?

AFAIK apache doesn't have a manager that has a bunch of checkbox options, it's a config file you need to edit manually (I know it is in *nix world, haven't installed apache on a windows machine in a long time so maybe there is one now).

Anyway the download box appearing means the webserver isn't set up properly.

Depending on which version of apache you are using, you need either this:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache1.php

or

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php

If you still have problems post the php related sections of your apache config file.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/