Re: unzip openDocument in safe mode

Am Dienstag, den 09.01.2007, 17:21 +0100 schrieb Jochem Maas:
> Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:
> > I try to unzip openDocument files with pclzip.
> > At my laptop this is no big problem, but the target server has "safe
> > mode" switched on (no way to change that).
> >
> > The problem with safe mode and unzipping openDocument ist, that a
> > openDocument zip file contains directories. It is not possible to write
> > to directory owned by webserver uid (because of safe mode)
>
> are there no world writable directories available anywhere for you to use?

openDocuement looks like:
|-- Configurations2
|   `-- accelerator
|       `-- current.xml
|-- META-INF
|   `-- manifest.xml
|-- Thumbnails
|   `-- thumbnail.png
|-- content.xml
|-- meta.xml
|-- mimetype
|-- settings.xml
`-- styles.xml

The directories "Configurations2", "META-INF", "Thumnails" are created
and it is not possible for pclzip in safe mode to write to these
directories.

> > My Project:
> > I try to extract the "content.xml" from openDocument, change it and
> > store it back to the openDocument (zip) file.
> >
> > Question:
> > Is it possible to extract a single file from a zip file?
> > Is it possible to replace a single file in a zip file?
>
> it kind of depends on your particular setup (server version, access to
> PECL, etc):
>
> there is this (will require some reading to determine if you can
> use it in your case):
>
> 	http://php.net/zip

http://www.php.net/manual/de/function.ziparchive-addfile.php
and
http://at.php.net/manual/de/function.ziparchive-getfromname.php
would be fine.
If there is a package for BSD that would be a solution.
Recompile PHP is no option.

> and then there is the possibility of using exec() in conjunction with
> the cmdline zip utility, e.g.:
>
> 	$args = escapeshellarg($theRequiredArgsToZipCmd);
> 	exec("zip -options $args");

Possibility, but not optimum.

> other than that all I can thing of is this (it might turn up something usable):
>
> 	http://www.google.com/search?q=php+zip+file+class

The only thing I found is pclzip and that makes problems

Bernhard