Re: Problem using PHP with Apache (probably something silly)

like stut said - your probably have some old .dll(s) hanging
around that windows is loading in preference to the ones it should be
(when cleaning up all existing installations also check that there is nothing
lurking in the system32 directory.

if that doesn't give you any joy - you might consider trying a slightly
older version of apache2 and/or php5 (e.g. 5.1.2) to see if that helps your
situation ... and then there is always this list :-)