Re: Problem using PHP with Apache (probably something silly)

Douglas Temple wrote:
First off, I hope everyone had  Happy New Year.

Onto business, I am trying to install PHP 5.2.0 on a WinXP computer, using
Apache 2.2.3 as the web server with MySQL enabled extension. My problem is
that when I start up Apache with the edited httpd.conf file including the
following code:

# For PHP 5 do something like this:
LoadModule php5_module c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir C:/php

And then trying a simple phpinfo() test on it, it gives the following error.

"The instruction at "0x007874cd" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The
memory could not be "read"."

The dumprep.exe message has the following interesting information:

"szAppName: httpd.exe"
"szModName: php5ts.dll"
"offset: 000974cd"

I'm wondering 3 things:

Has this happened to anyone else when they were trying to install PHP on
Apache?

Yes.

Is there any advice people can give me?

Don't run with scissors. Ahh, no, MS already did that one to death. Try... don't walk with spoons.

Is there any relatively hassle free approach to manually fix this annoying
problem?

Reinstall everything.

In my experience what you're seeing usually stems from mixing files from different PHP versions. Best advice I can give is to remove all traces of PHP from the machine and then put them back using the ZIP file from the PHP website.

-Stut