Re: Removing UTF-8 from text

On Thu, January 4, 2007 2:28 am, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> # dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-04 08:21:37 +0200:
>> On 03/01/07, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> >It's for "Did you know that the syntax is described in the manual?
>> Did
>> >you know that PHP has a manual on the web? It's at
>> http://www.php.net/";.
>> >

>> Thank you Roman. Yes, I am familiar with the php manual. I've
>> referenced the manual hunderds of times, saving list posts. But
>> sometimes (especially in the course of regular expressions for me)
>> one
>> needs to ask on the list. I am also aware that I am not the only one
>> with regex difficulties- they seem to be a sticky point for many
>> noobs
>> like myself in all computer languages, not just php. Also, the
>> Hebrew
>> translation of the manual is very difficult for me to grasp, so I
>> use
>> the English version. That may not be a problem for you, but it is
>> for
>> me.
>
> Your written English is very good. If you can understand what you
> wrote
> and can read replies (in English) from the list, you should have no
> problems understanding the manual.

Well that's funny.

As a native speaker, I often have trouble understanding the manual,
especially the PCRE bits.

I understand all the words, and all the sentences make perfect
grammatical sense.

But how they apply and what the implications are and WHEN they apply...

Well that's a whole different kettle of fish.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?