Re: E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR - 5.1.6 to 5.2.0

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 11:13 +0000, Stut wrote:
> Robert Cummings wrote:
> > > http://dev.stut.net/phpspeed/
> >
> >  You forgot to benchmark echo, everyone (me anyways) knows echo is
> >  faster than print. Why you ask? Because print returns a value, echo
> >  does not :)
>
> You *know* that for a fact do you?
>
> I've added a plain echo to complement the plain print, and in the 5 or 6
> runs I've done print is always faster, but not by much.

Running from the shell over 100 million iterations and several times for
print and echo, echo ekes out an advantage. What's interesting is the
big difference in speed difference between php 4 and 5 for both echo and
print. PHP5 reduces time by about 40%.

Cheers,
Rob.