Re: PEAR mail sorted as spam

# emil@xxxxxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-03 13:16:17 +0100:
> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> >That's not what I asked. Does Thunderbird tell you why it marked
> >something as spam? If it does, use that information. If it does not,
> >you're crazy for using it. Either way, your question belongs into a
> >Thunderbird mailing list, along with the exact full message. Full means
> >including all headers, exact means you need to abandon formulations "it
> >was something like".
>
> As far as I can see it does not give more information. Why would that
> make me crazy?

Because it leads into trouble, like the one you're in now. Who knows,
perhaps Thunderbird decided for you that short emails in languages other
than English are spam. Perhaps you've labeled too many of such massages.

> I can see what's marked as spam, and it gets better at finding spam
> the more emails I mark as spam or not spam. I think that is an okey
> solution.

Ok, but then you should be ready to live with its mysterious behaviors.

> >>Maybe I haven't included some header non-spam usually have or something?
> >
> >How are we supposed to know? Should we read Thunderbird's source code
> >for you? :)
>
> Of course not. I just wondered if there was something obvious in the
> mail headers or whatever from pear that would make my mail look like
> spam.

But you didn't include that message in your email to the list.

> And I want a more mainstream solution that works on all/most email
> clients, not just firefox.

I used PEAR Mail to send emails from linux boxes that more often than
not didn't even have the hostname set correctly, and I had no problems.
Then again, AFAIK all recipients used either mutt or outlook.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.