Re: Whitespace in Emails

jennifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm experiencing a strange problem and difficult to diagnose because it's random. I have built an application that sends out an email with a nice amount of text (don't have exact char count, but could get it).

On the html email, a random whitespace appears in the content, but always toward the end pointing to a possible character count issue.

See below for examples of how the space wanders and is random:

1- "Th ere are several things being discussed in this email."
2- "There are se veral things being discussed in this email."
3- "There are severa l things being discussed in this email."

This whitepace issue happens after the email is sent.

Anybody have any ideas?

The MTA is wrapping the text at 1,024 characters if you're not doing it. Use http://php.net/wordwrap to wrap it at specific lengths.

If it's a text-only email, add 'format=flowed;' to your headers:

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/