Re: Re: news.php.net times out - unreachable for days

Lester Caine wrote:
Chuck Anderson wrote:
In the time it takes to write a message, I lose my connection and often cannot even connect to send it.

I'm hurrying this time, so I hope it works.

(.... not that time ..... timed out ..... I'll try Sending again)

When I was forced to use the newsgroup interface I often had that problem, and I was complaining that I could not get eMails working :(

I've been running on emails for a while now after some kind fairy lifted the blocking of my email addresses, but I'm still using the newsgroup interface for a couple of php.net lists and nothing has changed there.

It was not like this until about two or three weeks ago. Prior to that it behaved like any other news server I connect to (it simply connected ... right away). Something has changed or broken.

(... It took three tries just to get this composition window to open with quoted material)