Re: news.php.net times out - unreachable for days

Chuck Anderson wrote:
It's actually been well over a week or even two. I can no longer connect to php.net with Thunderbird (as I have been doing daily for many months - news.php.net - port 119). It always times out. I'll be lucky if this post even makes it. I got connected briefly yesterday and saw some other posts indicating that I am not alone.

Something NEEDS to be fixed.

I'll just have to keep trying to connect every day and hope something changes.
As of now, das ist kaput!

So, is no one else having this problem? This newsgroup has gone from being a very useful, daily activity for me to one that I usually can not even connect to. I use Thunderbird via Comcast to get to news.php.net - and it always takes a minute or more to connect to the server, if at all.

In the time it takes to write a message, I lose my connection and often cannot even connect to send it.

I'm hurrying this time, so I hope it works.

(.... not that time ..... timed out ..... I'll try Sending again)