From: Ryan Creaser [mailto:rjcreaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: December 7, 2006 10:05 PM
To: Beauford
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  PHP Installation question

Beauford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install vBulletin and keep getting this error: Fatal error:
> Call to undefined function: gzinflate().
>
> The only thing I can find on this is that zlib needs to be configured
> with PHP at compile time. So I reinstalled PHP using the following:
>
> ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.36 --with-zlib
> --with-gd make make install
>
> The above finishes with no error.
>
> I rebooted, but still get same error, and zlib or gd doesn't show up
> in my phpinfo output. zlib is installed, and from my understanding gd
> is included with PHP, all the other libraries for gd are also
> installed. So what am I doing wrong?
>
> Also, how do I find out where something is installed? i.e. zlib. If I
> do a search on it I get hundreds of hits...
>
> Last. In the above ./configure line I get a message from PHP saying I
> am using the built in version of MySQL - if I point it to the actual
> MySQL source directory I get the following error.
>
> configure: error: Cannot find libmysqlclient library under
> ../mysql-5.0.22
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> I am using Slacware 10, PHP 4.4.4, MySQL5.0, and Apache 1.3.36
>
> Thanks

Did you recompile apache after running php's make install? Using
--with-apache builds a module that gets compiled *into* apache (as opposed
to --with-apxs which creates a dynamic module), ie. you need to rebuild
apache after building php.  My guess is the gzinflate error probably comes
from an old php module.

- rjc