Sending E-mail

We have an application using PHP. If users have forgotten their
password, they click on the link 'Forgot Password' and enter this e-mail
address. This is suppose to send their new password to the e-mail
address provided. We can not get the e-mail to be sent. I have changed
the php.ini file to include the SMTP, the sendmail_from and the
sendmail_path. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I need
to look at?

Thanks

Jan Smith
Programmer Analyst
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, Indiana
Phone: (812) 237-8593
Email: jsmith7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email, and any attachments, thereto, is intended only for use by
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
prohibited.