Re: Security and methods

I personally chose the include method...

I was scared also that the dispatch method will only finish by polluting a
single file...
on the other side, i like the idea to have a clear view on each php file, so
include a security.inc file (which has the switch ...case function) was a
logical path for me.

Alain

On 12/2/06, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, December 2, 2006 9:47 am, Alain Roger wrote:
> After reading the documentation about security from phpsec.org, i see
> that 2
> "schools" exist (dispatch method or include method).
> I do not see any huge difference between them.
> I would like to know what is the most suitable method to centralize
> security
> in 1 single file.

They both work fine.

I found that the logic needed in the "dispatch" method to get what I
wanted to happen in a complex web application often ended up
"polluting" the single control file, so went for the "include" method.
But that was a long time ago when I was much younger...

I think it's more important that you understand what your goals are in
either method, and push yourself to follow your own guidelines.

Choose whichever one strikes your fancy.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?

--