signal handling

Hello

Despite all of my results to succeed, i can not make this work. What i want
to do is to write a simple socket server in PHP. My current example just
prints the same character, you send to server from keyboard. It is
successfull in forking, and generates child as people connect. However in
any way the client exits, the child process remains defunct on system. I am
trying to use signal handling, but some comments say through hanging
sockets, it is not possible to handle signals.

How can i stop this from happening, i am attaching the code i am working on,
the 2 signals added at the bottom are just for test there, i tried all other
signal types. Sending a posix_kill(posix_getpid(), SIGKILL) to the process
when the client exits does not kill it too, it still is defunct.

My code: http://pastey.net/2910

Thanks!
Aras