Re: mssql conflict with sybase...

On Fri, December 1, 2006 2:28 am, Le Phuoc Canh wrote:
> I use php version 4.4.2. When i use mssql and sybase extention, they
> are
> conflict together. I don't know how to using them together.

It might be easiest to dump mssql and use sybase exclusively.

Last I heard, Microsoft hasn't actually changed the low-level drives
since they acquired Sybase code-base ages ago, and the sybase drivers
go direct to that, while the mssql drivers, I THINK, are slower.

[the rest of this email is pure speculation, based on heresay only]
I SUSPECT that's because mssql drivers have followed the Microsoft
codebase which has, over the years, wrapped the Jet API around the
sybase, and then the OLE API around that and then some other layer I
forgot around that, and...

The net result being that you are comparing function call stacks:
MSSQL                 SYBASE
mssql_xyz             sybase_xyz
  |                      |
  v                      .
oledb_xyz                .
  |                      .
  v                      .
jet_xyz                  .
  |                      .
  v                      .
iforgot_xyz              .
  |                      .
  v                      .
odbc_xyz                 .
  |                      .
  v                      v
xyz()                   xyz()

Multiply that by every db function call, across the entire
application, and the minor performance hit of another function call on
the stack adds up -- Especially if the queries/data being passed
around get large...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?