Re: several sites sharing the same script

On 11/29/06, Internet.Maestro@xxxxxxxxx <internet.maestro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I am writing new php application which will be used by several sites.
All sites will use same script (all files), but every will have its own config.php file.
I would like to place all necessary files to separate directory and all sites should share them, so all sites will be updated.

for e.x. structure will be:

| - script directory
|- site1.com dir
    config.php
|- site2.com dir
    config.php
|- site3.com dir
    config.php

Does anyone have idea how to organize and share files?

My thinking is always like:
siteX.com/
include/
secure/

where siteX.com has a basic common code base, include/ has common code
that is shared across siteX.com, and in secure you have individual
settings per site, for example

siteX.com/index.php:
 require('setup.php');

include/setup.php:
 require($siteX .'.setup.php');
 // perform standard setup routines
 // include standard things you need to use accross sites

secure/$siteX.setup.php
 // setup defines specific to the site and used in include/setup.php

and then you ensure you have set your your include_path to:
 root_to/secure:root_to/include:root_to/:.:/usr/local/lib/php/

Curt.