From: blackwater dev [mailto:blackwaterdev@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 28/11/2006 22:47
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  session issues on ie

I have code which logs someone in and then allows them to see certain info
if they are logged in.  I have users who claim it works fin in some of their
browsers, firefox, safari, etc and some versions of IE but not all and I'm
stumped.

Here's the code:

//this is from the login routine
 if ($this->db->getField('user_id')){

                        session_start();

$_SESSION['user']['user_id']=$this->db->getField('user_id');

$_SESSION['user']['email']=$this->db->getField('email');
                        return true;
 }

        <?
        //only show if they are logged in
        if (isset($_SESSION['user']['user_id']) && !$_REQUEST['mlsid']){
//show something
}
        ?>

People are claiming it tells them they are logged in yet they don't see what
is displayed under the code which checks their session.  For some reason,
sessions don't seem to be there on all browsers yet they claim that cookies
and all are on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!