Re: <?=$var?> on OS X

On 27/11/06, Chris <dmagick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 27/11/06, Brian Dunning <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've got a new OS X box and for some reason <?=$var?> doesn't work
>> like it does on all my other OS X boxes - anyone know a quick reason
>> why not?
>>

> Exactly for that reason I don't recommend that you use it. Just use
> <?php print $var; ?> as it's portable and doesn't add that much
> typing- certainly not enough to justify the headache.

Good suggestion but it doesn't help if it's not his software that he
needs to get running ;)

Actually, it does. He can global replace "<?=" with "<?php print" and
be done with it. Then he could let the author of this non-portable
software know that his 'shortcut' makes using the software difficult.

Especially if it's not his own code (ie, code meant to be used by
others) it should not depend upon short tags.

Dotan Cohen

http://dotancohen.com/
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/website.html