Re: GD - Problem writing text

On Thu, November 23, 2006 9:30 am, Fredrik Thunberg wrote:
> imagettftext  ($im, 30,  0, 10, 40 , $black, TTF_DIR. "times.ttf",
> "Hello World!");

> FreeType Support     enabled
> FreeType Linkage     with freetype
> FreeType Version     2.1.3

> The one things that differs between the servers is:
> "FreeType Linkage        with TTF library" is set on the faulty one.
> Can
> this be the problem?

It sure seems suspicious to me.

Not that I can ever keep straight all those different font packages,
but  maybe you need that "other other" TTF library font format instead
of times.ttf to be installed on the non-working machine...

The only other thing would be to double-check that PHP actually can
find and read the full path to your times.ttf file, to be SURE it's
not paths/permissions getting you.

Oooooh.  Also try to compare any FreeType configuration files on both
machines.  I seem to recall there was some kind of config file... No,
that was the pdflib.upr file I was thinking of...  Still, any kind of
test/configuration check you can run on the font installations may
help.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?