problems re-reading from socket

I have a daemon class which reads and answers using socket_read and
socket_write functions. The things is that I connect to the daemon,
sent a chain and the I get an answer, but after that the daemon get's
struck in the next socket_read.

The problem appears to be here (a method from my class). I put the 2 echos
for debugging purposses:

  function socketRead(){
    echo "Vamos a leer nomas!\n";
    $lectura = socket_read($this->conexion, 2048, PHP_NORMAL_READ);
    echo $lectura;
    return $lectura;
  }

In th output from the socket daemon I get the 2 strings (generated by
the 2 echos), after that I get again the first echo, but no matter how
I try to send a new string to the socket, it just stays there reading
from the socket.

By the way $this->conexion is a socket resource from socket_accept. Also
the socket reads and answers one time, so it is working, but after that
first answer it stays reading. All this I'm testing from the console using
a telnet to the socket.