Re: newbie problem - extraneous newlines inserted in PHP-generated HTML form source

Thanks to Richard Lynch and Edward Kay for their help.

The var_dump() showed unwanted whitespace appearing in the array data from record 2 onwards.

The trim() worked a treat to get rid of it.

Now all I have to do is work out what's wrong with my original handler functions that caused the problem in the first place. I'm emptying the temporary variables by setting them to "" .... (no space).

Could it be a problem with the document encoding? All my text files are saved as Western(ISO Latin-1).

Mark