Re: Static Pages with PHP

Ford, Mike wrote:
On 20 November 2006 05:42, Paul Novitski wrote:
At 11/19/2006 08:50 PM, John Comerford wrote:
I am new to PHP and I am looking at mixing dynamic and static pages
to build my web application.  I have a situation where, depending on
some parameters I will display a static page from within my PHP
code.  My question is, is there a 'trick' to doing this or do I just
read in the file and echo it out again ?
http://php.net/file_get_contents
echo file_get_contents('example.html');

Better yet:

    readfile('example.html');

or even:

    include 'example.html';

My preference would be the include, but all of the options you've been given would do the job one way or another.

Using include for this is potentially dangerous since it will execute any PHP code contained within the file. Only use include if you are absolutely sure you trust the content of the files you are displaying.

-Stut